Printable version of the classic tactical game with a Star Trek twist.
When playing the game, regular battleship rules can apply, however, I have made a few rules specific to this version of the game:
- Place your ship on the Starship grid in any X or Y axis
- The aim is to destroy all of the enemy ship's primary systems
- Each player has two shots per turn
- Use the targeting grids to mark hits and misses with a pencil
- No damage is taken to the ship until the shield array/generator has been targeted twice
- If you hit the enemy ship's shield array/generator once, the opponent must declare "Hit, shields damaged"
- If you hit the enemy ship's shield array/generator a second time, the opponent must declare "Hit, shields off-line"
- If you hit a square of an enemy ship while shields are up, but you fail to hit the shield array/generator, the opponent must declare "Hit, shields on-line"
- With the shields off-line, if you hit the enemies phaser/blaster array, their firing capability is reduced from two shots per turn to one
- Once the shield array/generator has been hit twice, the warp drive, main bridge, and phaser array need to be hit one time each to destroy the ship
Although it can be played when printed on any kind of paper, I would recommend you print the Starship cut-outs onto printable transparency paper.
The game can be expanded with the addition of different ship designs, resulting in the primary systems locations being more diverse.
Full instructions to make this project are available on Instructables.